Fried salmon cakes filled with green onions and fresh dill weed.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
In a large mixing bowl, place 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs. Set aside remaining 1/2 cup. Add eggs, parsley, green onions, dill weed, lemon juice and black pepper. Mix well.
Add salmon and mix with hands, breaking up salmon into small pieces. Form into 8 patties; each about 1/2 inch thick.
Place remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs on a plate and dip both sides of the salmon cakes into crumbs.
In a large skillet, melt butter. Fry salmon cakes over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Turn, adding more butter if necessary, and fry about 3 minutes on other side.