Cheddar cheese and evaporated milk add richness and flavor to this tempting elbow macaroni dish filled with Italian sausage and chopped bell peppers.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage or ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups dry small elbow macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
COOK sausage, bell pepper and onion in large skillet until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta and water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low.
COOK, stirring occasionally, for 14 to 16 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in evaporated milk and chili sauce. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.