Shrimp simmered with sauteed veggies, curry powder, milk and creamy soups. Serve over rice with chutney or other condiments.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- salt to taste
In a large saucepan saute oil, celery, carrot, potato and onion over medium heat until almost tender. Add shrimp, celery soup, mushroom soup, milk, curry powder, and coconut milk. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes. Salt to taste.