Chicken and mushrooms with a pimento-mushroom soup cream sauce for a one-dish rendition of this popular supper dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large skillet, heat oil. When hot add chicken and saute 4 to 5 minutes until about halfway cooked. Add mushrooms and continue to saute until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through (juices run clear). Stir in the milk, soup, mushrooms, pimentos, onion powder and pepper. Bring all to a boil. Cover skillet and reduce heat. Let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir together and serve.