Bits of cooked bacon and mozzarella cheese are just two of the ingredients that make this easy spinach dip taste anything but ordinary.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the spinach, salsa, cream cheese and green onions until the cream cheese has melted. Mix in the crumbled bacon and tomatoes. Remove from heat. Mix in the mozzarella cheese, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder.