Tangy balsamic vinegar tossed with pasta and vegetables make this vegetarian pasta tantalize your taste buds!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the garlic until lightly browned. Mix in the tomatoes, onion, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms. Cook and stir until tender.
Mix the balsamic vinegar into the skillet. Toss with the cooked spaghetti, and sprinkle with feta cheese to serve.