This recipe combines TVP, mushroom soup, mushrooms, onion and oats to make a thick hearty gravy that's great over pasta, potatoes or rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package textured vegetable protein
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat combine textured vegetable protein, mushroom soup, mushrooms, onion, garlic powder, seasoning salt, water, oats and olive oil. Stir until ingredients are well mixed, oats are moist and soup is dissolved. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.