A wonderful use for leftovers, this combines diced chicken with frozen broccoli or spinach, mushrooms and canned soup for a rich sauce for noodles or rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken meat
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the chicken, milk, soup, water, spinach or broccoli, mushrooms, hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring, for about 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve over cooked egg noodles, if desired.