This recipe takes liberties with the tried and true Caesar classic, but it works. Cajun-spiced chicken and bacon are added to the romaine, Parmesan cheese and Caesar dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce- rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
In a preheated skillet, add the chicken, seasoning mix and oil. Cook until chicken is golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a salad bowl, combine Romaine, enough salad dressing to coat, Parmesan cheese and bacon. Toss and place on individual salad plates. Top with the sliced chicken and serve.