This was my favorite growing up. I was amazed when I was older and asked my mom for the recipe how EASY it is! A small amount of prep. time, a day in the slow cooker, and you'll be amazed! It sounds too simple to be good... TRUST me! This gets RAVE review
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- 2 pounds beef cube steaks
- 3 green bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 3 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 4 onions, sliced into rings
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and pepper, and paprika. Dredge the steaks in the flour mixture, and place in the skillet. Brown steaks on both sides, and remove from heat.
In a slow cooker, alternate layers of steak, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, and tomatoes.
Cover, and cook 6 to 8 hours on Low, until steaks are very tender.