Eggs and bread add a particular smoothness to this chicken and soup casserole.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, boiled and deboned
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken and rice soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 6 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 20 saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 cups chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl combine the chicken meat, chicken and rice soup, cream of mushroom soup, bread and eggs. Mix all together and pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a small bowl combine butter/margarine and crackers and stir together. Spread on top of chicken mixture. Pour chicken broth over all and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until cracker crumbs on top are golden brown.