Leftover chicken, beef and pork can all be sauteed with mushrooms, sprouts, onion and of course eggs! The accompanying sauce is simple and flavorful.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup cooked and crumbled ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- FOO YUNG SAUCE
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add the celery, onion, bean sprouts, mushrooms, chicken, beef, pork, salt and pepper. Mix together.
Heat oil in a medium skillet or wok and brown egg mixture 1/2 cup at a time. When all of the mixture is browned, set aside.
To Make Sauce: Dissolve the bouillon in the hot water in a small saucepan; add sugar and soy sauce and blend well over medium heat. Add cold water and cornstarch and stir until thick and smooth. Serve with Egg Foo Yung.