Looking for a way to add soy to your diet? Try this delicious tofu spread served on wheat toast with crisp lettuce and fresh veggies.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 pound firm tofu, sliced and well drained
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 8 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, vinegar, mustard, turmeric, dill, and parsley. Mix well, and reserve.
Place drained tofu in large bowl, and crumble with a fork. Stir in onion and celery. Mix in reserved mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill for several hours to allow flavors to blend.
Spoon a generous 1/2 cup of the salad onto slices of toasted wheat bread. Top with lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumber, and remaining slices of bread.
Almost Eggless Egg Salad, submitted by Jill, is used to make this delicious sandwich.