Tofu and milk are blended, then baked with spinach, garlic, onion, Cheddar and Swiss cheeses. Soy milk and cheeses may be substituted to make a vegan quiche.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) container tofu
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a blender, combine tofu and milk; process until smooth, adding more milk if necessary. Blend in salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine spinach, garlic, onion, Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese and tofu mixture. Mix well, and pour into prepared pie crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until set and golden brown on top. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.