This is a perfect recipe for the holidays. It gives a delicious and beautiful combination of holiday favorites - cranberries and eggnog. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 (3 ounce) package non-instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (1.3 ounce) envelope whipped topping mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine vanilla pudding mix, lemon gelatin, and 2 cups water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon juice. Chill until partially set.
Dissolve raspberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Blend in cranberry sauce, and add pecans. Chill until partially set.
Prepare whipped topping according to package directions. Fold in nutmeg. Fold whipped topping into vanilla pudding mixture. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch glass dish. Chill until firm.
Pour cranberry mixture over pudding mixture. Chill for 6 hours before serving to appreciative family and friends.