Eggplant strips are coated with Romano cheese, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper and baked until crispy. What a great snack!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 eggplant, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Cut eggplant strips in half again, lengthwise. Lay strips on a baking sheet.
In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, Romano cheese, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over eggplant strips and drizzle with oil.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until crispy.