Eggplant casserole baked with Cheddar cheese, cream and bread crumbs.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced toasted bread
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
Boil and drain eggplant. Mix in 1/2 cup of cheese and bread. Spoon into small casserole dish.
In a small bowl combine cream, flour and poultry seasoning. Pour over eggplant mixture and sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.