Are you lonesome tonight? This cake will have you itchin' like a bug on a fuzzy tree. Even your hound dog will like it. Thank you, thank you very much.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Prepare cake according to instructions on package. Bake in a 9x13 inch pan. Allow to cool.
Combine pineapple and sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Spoon over cooled cake.
In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add vanilla. Add pecans and mix well.
Spread cream cheese frosting over cake.