Rich New York-style cheesecake swirled with a rich chocolate mixture. Serve with fresh raspberries as a garnish. Because of EQUAL® and reduced fat dairy products, this recipe has 38% less calories than the traditional recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful*
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Equal® Spoonful**
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- Chocolate curls (optional)
Mix vanilla wafer crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful in bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Pat mixture evenly on bottom and 1/2-inch up side of pan. Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack while preparing filling.
Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup Equal® Spoonful in large bowl until fluffy; beat in eggs, egg whites and cornstarch. Stir in sour cream and vanilla until well blended. Remove 1/2 cup cheesecake batter. Pour remaining batter into crust in pan. Add melted chocolate and fat-free milk to 1/2 cup reserved cheesecake batter; mix well. Place spoonfuls of chocolate mixture on top of cheesecake. Using tip of knife or spatula, gently swirl chocolate batter into cheesecake.
Bake cheesecake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove cheesecake to wire rack. Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake. Let cheesecake cool completely; cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving. To serve, remove side of springform pan. Garnish top of cheesecake with chocolate curls, if desired.
* May substitute 3 packets Equal® sweetener
** May substitute 18 packets Equal® sweetener