All the richness and decadence of the traditional recipe, but this version has 39% fewer calories thanks to the EQUAL® and reduced fat dairy products it uses. Serve with strawberry or raspberry sauce, if desired.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful*
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Equal® Spoonful**
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced (optional)
- Strawberry Sauce (optional):
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Equal® Spoonful***
Mix vanilla wafer crumbs, butter, and 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful* in bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Reserve 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture. Pat remaining mixture evenly on bottom and 1/2-inch up side of pan. Bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven about 8 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup Equal® Spoonful** in a large bowl until fluffy; beat in eggs, egg whites and cornstarch. Mix in sour cream and vanilla until well blended. Pour mixture into crust in pan.
Bake in 325 degrees F oven 45 to 50 minutes or just until set in the center. Remove cheesecake from oven, sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake. Let cheesecake cool completely; cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
To make Strawberry Sauce, process packaged strawberries in food processor or blender until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and 1/4 cup Equal® Spoonful***. Refrigerate until serving time.
To serve, remove side of pan; place cheesecake on serving plate. Serve with strawberries and Strawberry Sauce.
* May substitute 3 packets Equal® sweetener
** May substitute 18 packets Equal® sweetener
*** May substitute 6 packets Equal® sweetener