A vanilla cookie dough baked and filled with rich fruit flavored spreadable fruit of choice. A great cookie to make for the holidays, it has 32% fewer calories than the traditional recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 6 tablespoons stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar-free preserves or spreadable fruit of choice
Beat butter and Equal® until well combined. Mix in egg, milk and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in combined flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Shape dough by teaspoonfuls into balls. Place on sprayed baking sheets. Press thumb deeply into dough to form a "thumbprint" indentation.
Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven 11 to 13 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack. Fill each cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon spreadable fruit just before serving.
* May substitute 24 packets Equal® sweetener