Boneless chicken breasts are smothered in a seasoned Ranch and vegetable mixture.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (24 fluid ounce) bottle Ranch dressing
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed crackers
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onions and mushrooms until tender. Mix in the wine, and continue cooking about 5 minutes, until heated through.
In a large bowl, mix the Ranch dressing, garlic powder, oregano, Cajun seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Stir the skillet mixture into the bowl. Mix in remaining 2 tablespoons butter, eggs, and crackers.
Dip the chicken breasts in the Ranch dressing mixture to coat. Arrange chicken in a medium baking dish. Cover with the remaining dressing mixture.
Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.