Chicken and green beans are served over rice with a spicy peanut sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chile paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts (optional)
Bring the rice and water to boil in a pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
Place green beans in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over boiling water, and steam 10 minutes, or until tender but crisp.
Heat the oil in a skillet, and cook the chicken 5 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
Mix the chicken broth, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, chile paste, lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Mix in the green beans and rice. Serve over rice. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.