Pastry shells stuffed with garlic butter and escargots; topped with mushroom caps.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 12 helix snails, without shells
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 12 puff pastry shells
- 12 mushroom caps
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Drain escargots; rinse in cold water and drain again.
In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, garlic, green onion, parsley, pepper, nutmeg and wine. Mix thoroughly. Place 1 teaspoon of butter mixture into each pastry shell. Top each with 1 escargot, cover with another teaspoon of butter mixture and place mushroom cap on top.
Arrange pastry shells on a 10x15 inch baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.