A light summery vegetable salad just right as a side dish at a BBQ or main dish for a simple luncheon. The first time I made this for a family dinner, my Mom and I ate it ALL before the dinner started, it was so delicious!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups corn chips such as Fritos®
In a large bowl, combine the tomato, green pepper, cucumber, black olives, corn, and green onions. Pour the Catalina dressing over, and toss to coat. Stir in the cheese and corn chips just before serving. If the salad won't be eaten in one meal, serve corn chips on the side as a topper so they don't get soggy.