Late coming home from work? Kids asking, "What's for dinner?" This chunky sauce is for you. It only takes minutes to make. Serve over angel hair pasta with sprig of fresh basil for garnish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 roma (plum) tomato
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
Heat olive oil in a large skillet and saute tomato, green peppers, cilantro, garlic and onion for 5 minutes or so to retain crispness. Add tomato sauce and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Mix in olives, parmesan cheese.