Pan-fried, Cajun-seasoned chicken breasts are served over mixed greens and arugula with avocado, sun-dried tomatoes, and black olives. A Dijon and balsamic vinegar based dressing brings the salad a lively flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
- 12 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
Warm 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season both sides of chicken with Cajun seasoning, and place in hot oil. Stir in crushed garlic. Cook chicken 5 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove chicken from skillet, drain on paper towels, cool slightly, and dice; discard oil and garlic.
In a small bowl, mix remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
In a large bowl, gently toss the dressing with the mixed salad greens, arugula, avocado, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives. Top with diced chicken to serve.