Wedges of onion and colorful bell pepper sauteed with chicken and mushrooms make this Mexican dish a true standout. A simple seasoning of Italian dressing mix simplifies preparation. Wrap in tortillas or pita and garnish with tomatoes and lettuce.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 10 (12 inch) flour tortillas
Cut peppers and onion into thin slices. Do not dice, leave slices long and thin.
Saute peppers and onion in a small amount of oil until tender. Add mushrooms and chicken. Continue to cook on low heat until heated through. Stir in dry salad dressing mix and blend thoroughly.
Warm tortillas and roll mixture inside. If desired top with shredded cheddar cheese, diced tomato and shredded lettuce.