I have several very good chili recipes, none of which I ever seem to have all the ingredients on hand for! This recipe came about one night through a mish mash of all the recipes, and now it's the only one I'll make! Turned out perfect, and SO easy!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 3/4 large white onion, diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 3 (15 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, combine the ground beef, ground turkey, and onion. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until meat is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the kidney beans, baked beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Season with chili powder, garlic, garlic powder, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. The longer the better. After the first half-hour has passed, taste, and adjust seasonings to suit your preference.