Sukiyaki for those that don't like tofu or seaweed. Great for a quick, nutritious supper with lots of natural flavors! Add some diced tomato for added fresh flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced roast beef, cut into strips
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and stemmed
- 12 ounces fresh button mushrooms, halved
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can beef stock, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons sake, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, or to taste
In a wok over high heat, combine 1/4 cup of the beef stock, soy sauce, and sake. Add onions and mushrooms; fry until onions start to soften. Add the strips of beef and remaining beef stock, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add spinach, cover, and cook for 3 minutes, until spinach is wilted, but not fully cooked. Adjust seasonings to taste, and serve over udon or ramen noodles.