This recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law and always goes fast! Cream cheese at the base of the dip makes it extra thick and scoopable. Seasoned beef and vegetables make it extra filling and tasty! You may want to prepare two batches. Serve with t
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
Crumble ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, mix in the taco sauce and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning mix. Spread the mixture into a medium serving dish.
Layer the sour cream mixture with beef mixture, Cheddar cheese and lettuce. Top with tomato, green onions and black olives.