Pistachios, basil and smoked salmon. Three flavor delights in this wonderfully appealing pasta salad. Lemon juice and a splash of olive oil finish it off.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh steamed asparagus tips
- 1 ounce smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
Steam the asparagus over boiling water and cook until tender but still firm. Drain, cool and chop.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, asparagus, smoked salmon, lemon juice, pistachios, basil, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove from refrigerator and serve at room temperature.