Also known as Farfalle con Salsa di Verdure, this pasta dish has a lively vegetable medley of tomatoes, asparagus, broccoli, green beans and lima beans in a light garlic sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/4 cup frozen lima beans
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/4 cup chopped green beans
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or chicken broth
- fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pinch Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package Barilla Farfalle
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
PLACE a large saucepan filled with salted water over high heat. When water boils, stir in lima beans, broccoli, asparagus and green beans. Turn off heat and cover pot. Let vegetables sit in hot water 5 to 6 minutes. Drain vegetables and reserve.
HEAT olive oil in large skillet placed over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and chopped garlic until just golden.
ADD drained green vegetables, tomatoes, broth and basil to onion mixture. Stir and cook over low hear. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
MEANWHILE, cook Farfalle according to package directions.
DRAIN Farfalle and toss with sauce and grated Parmigiano. Place in serving dish and sprinkle with grated Parmigiano.