A fast and easy recipe for black bean soup sure to delight your taste buds.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, bell pepper, carrot, and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, until tender. Mix in 1 can black beans and chicken broth.
In a blender, puree remaining can of beans until smooth. Mix into the pot. Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Mix in ham, cumin, salt, and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes. Garnish with Cheddar cheese and sour cream to serve.