Toasted fennel seeds, along with dill and thyme, make a terrific tasting crust on grouper in this recipe developed by Chef Allen Susser. Serve with Vanilla Beurre Blanc for a special presentation.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Fennel Seed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Dill Weed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 2 pounds grouper fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
Toast fennel seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic in a small skillet. Remove from skillet. Finely crush toasted seeds using a mortar and pestle, a spice mill, a clean coffee grinder or a rolling pin. Blend with dill, thyme, salt and pepper.
Rub spice mixture evenly on both sides of grouper fillets. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; set aside.
Heat remaining oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add fillets; saute 4-5 minutes per side or until done and lightly browned. Add white wine to pan; cook 1 minute. Remove grouper to serving plate. Serve with Vanilla Beurre Blanc, if desired.