A fabulously different salad that serves twenty and is beautiful in a bowl. Lots of color and taste sensations. Radicchio, fennel, watercress, and pecans are tossed with a lovely balsamic vinaigrette studded with bits of dried cranberries.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 bunches watercress - rinsed, dried and trimmed
- 3 bulbs fennel - trimmed, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 small heads radicchio, cored and chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
In a bowl, combine the cranberries, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, garlic and salt. Whisk in the olive oil.
In a large salad bowl, combine the watercress, fennel, radicchio and pecans. Stir the vinaigrette and pour over salad. Toss well and serve at once.