Add interest and color to Fettuccine Alfredo by including your favorite meat or vegetable combinations. Some popular additions include cooked chicken, shrimp or crumbled bacon, as well as peas, finely chopped red bell pepper or broccoli florets. Complete
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package BUITONI® Fettuccine
MELT butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour. Gradually add evaporated milk and chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in Parmesan cheese, provolone cheese and cayenne pepper until cheese is melted.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Toss with sauce. Season with ground black pepper.