White pepper, garlic powder, parsley and nutmeg make this Alfredo unique.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in cream and pepper, cook until mixture begins to thicken, 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan until melted. Stir in parsley, nutmeg and garlic powder, cook 1 minute more. Toss with cooked pasta.