Fresh vegetables and fettuccine pasta are tossed with a creamy Alfredo sauce to make a quick and easy midweek dinner.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound fettuccine, (may substitute other pasta)
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Mann's Broccoli Wokly®
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 17 ounces creamy Alfredo pasta sauce, purchased or homemade
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto sauce, purchased or homemade
- 5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, garlic and salt. Cook, stirring until chicken turns white.
Add Mann's Broccoli Wokly, mushrooms and bell pepper. Cook, stirring and tossing, until mushrooms are tender and broccoli turns bright green. Stir in Alfredo sauce and pesto. Reduce heat to low.
In a large heated serving bowl, combine drained fettuccine with the broccoli sauce mixture, tossing to coat well. Pass Parmesan cheese at the table.