Three varieties of mushrooms sauteed with garlic and olive oil blend beautifully with nutty pesto, milk and cream cheese to make a sumptuous sauce with delightful earthy tones to toss with hot fettuccini.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
Cook the pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and garlic in olive oil over low heat until tender. Mix in pesto mix, milk, and cream cheese; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, and simmer while stirring until cream cheese has melted and mixture has thickened.
Drain pasta. Pour sauce over noodles, and toss to coat. Serve.