A zesty marinade of olive oil and red wine vinegar soaks into chopped tomatoes, minced garlic, morsels of pungent brie cheese and basil. Toss with hot fettuccini and dust with grated Parmesan cheese for a delightfully different, creamy dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cubed Brie cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In a large bowl combine chopped tomatoes, minced garlic, brie, chopped basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and let stand at room temperature to marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
In a large pot of boiling salted water over high heat, cook the fettuccine until al dente, about 12 minutes.
Drain the fettuccine and toss with the sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.