Fresh tomatoes are combined with red onion, fresh basil and kalamata olives, served on a bed of fettuccini, and topped with feta cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine pasta
- 5 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccini and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, onion, basil, olives and black pepper.
Toss the fettuccini with olive oil. Serve pasta topped with tomato mixture and feta cheese.