An interesting main dish using a few well placed low fat ingredients. Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw and ground turkey are the stars of these spicy and fun enchiladas.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
- 6 flour tortillas, large, lowfat
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos or green chiles, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, low-fat, shredded
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce, low sodium
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions for garnish
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
For sauce: In a large saucepan, mix tomato sauce, tomato paste and taco seasoning over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
For filling: Coat a large saute pan with nonstick cooking spray. Saute onions and Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw over medium-high heat until onions are translucent. Set aside. Using the same pan, add ground turkey and cook thoroughly, breaking the meat into small pieces -about 10 minutes. Add onions and Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw, diced green chiles/jalapenos and 3/4 cup cheese. Stir until mixed thoroughly and cheese has melted.
Preparation: Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour sauce in the casserole dish, enough to cover the bottom. Dip or coat each tortilla with sauce; fill with 1/6 of enchilada filling and wrap; place in casserole dish with close of tortilla to the bottom. Pour all extra sauce on top of enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Garnish with diced green onions.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.