Lots and lots of fresh vegetables go into this yummy soup. Raid your garden. Peas, beans, carrots, onions and potatoes. When all the veggies are cooked, a generous serving of half and half and a bit of flour is added. Cook until the broth is thick and de
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups water
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups green onions, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 12 baby carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 cups fresh shelled green peas
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Heat water to boiling in a medium pot; add potatoes. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Add salt, pepper, butter, onions, carrots and green beans; simmer until tender then add peas.
In a small bowl, stir together half-and-half and flour until smooth; stir into the simmering vegetables. Cook, stirring constantly until the soup is slightly thickened. Serve immediately.