Roasting the tomatoes makes all the difference! Serve this full-flavored, spicy salsa with tortilla chips or Seared Ancho Pepper Chicken. This recipe was developed by the McCormick Corporate Chefs for a luncheon given during the 45th National Chicken Co
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Powder
Rub tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Grill over high heat, turning frequently until tomato skin is charred. Finely chop tomatoes.
Combine tomatoes with remaining ingredients, cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Cut tomatoes in half before grilling for more roasted flavor. For a milder kick, decrease chipotle to 1/2 teaspoon.