Gorton's Battered Fillets work best with this dish but if you can't find them, Gorton's Crunchy Fillets taste great, too. Change it up with Gorton's flavored fillets like Garlic and Herb.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package Gorton's® Crispy Battered Fish Fillets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Cook and stir onion in margarine in 2-quart saucepan until tender. Stir in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients except Fillets.
Place Fillets, with sides touching, in ungreased rectangular baking dish, 11x7 inch; pour sauce over Fillets. Bake uncovered until hot, 25 to 30 minutes.