These fish tacos are delicious and won't keep you waiting to eat. White fish fillets are basted with a Mexican style sauce, then served on tortillas with white sauce and cabbage.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound fresh or frozen skinless cod, orange roughy or other mild fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons HERB-OX® Chicken Flavored Bouillon Granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Thaw fish fillets, if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish fillets crosswise into 1-inch slices. Place fish in single layer in a greased shallow pan. Combine margarine, bouillon, cumin and garlic powder. Brush over fish. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when pierced with a fork. Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and lime juice. Add coleslaw mixture; toss to coat. Spoon coleslaw mixture onto each warm tortilla. Top with fish. If desired, serve with salsa.