Bacon, canned baked beans and seasonings are combined with garbanzo, lima, kidney and butter beans in this sweet and sour casserole.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
Saute onion in bacon fat; add the brown sugar, mustard, garlic powder, salt and vinegar. Cook covered on low heat 20 minutes.
In a four quart baking dish, combine the bacon, onion mixture, butter beans, lima beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans and baked beans. Mix well and bake covered for 1 1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 30 to 45 minutes longer.