This may have some strange ingredients, but it is the only kind of macaroni salad I will eat! It started as a fourth grade experiment on trying to incorporate all five food groups into a simple, tasty recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package tri-color pasta
- 1 cup creamy salad dressing
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium apple - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain, and cool.
In a large bowl, mix the cooled pasta, creamy salad dressing, ranch dressing mix, tuna, Cheddar cheese, apple, carrot, and raisins. Chill 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.