This is a good red bean and ground beef chili with lots of chili powder and plenty of herbs!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups canned red beans, drained and rinsed
Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
Add all ingredients to a large kettle. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.